BOOKSHELF DEAL# 2
on eBay beginning March 7
25 Antiquarian & Collectable Books, 1st editions & best-selling authors. Some of these books are scarce, hard to find, and RARE
11. The Life of P.T. Barnum by Himself, Redfield publisher, 1855, 1st edition, complete fair copy with water stain throughout.
22. The Gangs of New York, by Herbert Asbury, Garden City Publishing, copyright 1927-1928, Good + condition.
33. Hospital Sketches, 1871, by Louisa M. Alcott, good condition.
This author of the well known book “Little Women” was a nurse during the Civil War and the six letters she sent to her family describing her military hospital experiences formed her first published book.
44. The Enemy Within, by Robert F. Kennedy, with good DJ, very good condition, 1960.
55.´Tis by Frank McCourt, Scribner, 1999, 1st, writing on first free page, very good condition.
66.The Silent World by Captain Jacques-Yves Cousteau, 1st edition, good DJ, very good book, 1953.
77. Aunt Jo´s Scrap Bag, by Louisa M . Alcott, 1896, Roberts Brothers, very good condition.
88. The Seven Seas, by Rudyard Kipling, Appleton, 1897, good condition.
99. The Second Jungle book, by Rudyard Kipling, the Century Co, 1895, 1st printing, stain on cover, good+ condition.
110. The Sea-Wolf, by Jack London, MacMillan, 1904, 1st edition, front inner binding cracked, book in good+ condition.
111. The Gilded Age, by Mark Twain, 1881, loose front pages and binding, book in good+ condition.
112. Before Adam, by Jack London, 1907, 1st edition. Macmillan, good+ condition.
113. Breakfast of Champions, Kurt Vonnegut, 1973, stated 1st printing, good+ condition.
114. The Money-Makers, 1884, good+ condition.
115. The Devil´s Disciple, play by George Bernard Shaw, 1941, good DJ, good+ condition.
116. DUNE MESSIAH, by Frank Herbert, 1969, 1st, very good+ condition.
117. Cakes and Ale, by W. Somerset Maugham, 1930, UK 1st edition, fair DJ good+ book.
118. The Man Who Changed China, by Pearl S. Buck, 5th printing 1953, good DJ, very good book.
119. Adventures in The Skin Trade, Dylan Thomas, New Directions, 1st edition, 1955, very good condition.
220. While The Clock Ticked, The Hardy Boys, good DJ, very good book.
221. Heart Of the World, H. Rider Haggard, 1895, 1st edition, good+ condition.
222. Woman In The Dark, Dashiell Hammett, 1933, stated First edition, very good DJ & book.
223. Couples, by John Updike, 1968, stated first edition, good DJ, very good book.
224. Smith of Wooton Major, by J.R.R.Tolkien, 1967, stated first printing, very good condition with DJ.
225. Song Of Solomon by Toni Morrison, 1977, with DJ, good condition, 1st edition.
beginning March 7: Buy on eBay at this link: 1stBooks
BOOKSHELF DEAL# 1
At auction on eBay February 18 - 28
Edith Wharton wrote more than forty books in her lifetime and was America´s premiere female writer at the beginning of the 20th century. She was the first female Pulitzer Prize winner for her classic masterpiece, The Age Of Innocence. She was also a poet, architect, landscape gardener and connoiseur decorator.
Bookshelf Deal ! 25 Edith Wharton 1st editions Some of these books are scarce, hard to find, and RARE
Almost all are first printings. The Appleton books have a 1 in the last page indicating 1st printing
Scribner´s have matching dates. All books in good condition unless otherwise stated. Dust jackets are fair - good
1. The Gods Arrive, Appleton, 1932, 1st printing, Book very good no writing inside, solid binding, fair-good DJ
2. The Buccaneers, Appleton, 1938, 1st printing, Book very good no writing inside, solid binding, fair-good DJ
3. The Glimpses of the Moon, Appleton 1922, 1st printing, Book very good no writing inside, solid binding, good original DJ, slight tear on front jacket
4. The Spark, 1st printing, Book very good +, no writing inside, solid binding, fair DJ torn in half, missing part of spine
5. The Old Maid, Appleton 1924, 1st printing, Book very good + name on front inside cover, no writing inside, solid binding
6. New Year´s Day, Appleton 1924, 2nd printing, Book very good+, no writing inside, solid
7. False Dawn, Appleton 1924, 3rd printing, Book very good+, no writing inside, solid
8. The Fruit Of The Tree, Scribners, 1907, 1st, very good+ condition, no writing
9. The Hermit and the Wild Woman, Scribners, 1908, good condition, writing on inside covers
10. Xingu, 1916, Scribners, 1st, good+ condition, nameplate on inside cover, no writing in book
11. The Custom Of The Country, 1913, Scribners, 1st, good condition, nameplate writing on inside cover, loose cover binding, no writing in book
12. Tales Of men and Ghosts, 1910, Scribners, 1st, good+ condition, no writing in book
13. A Son At The Front, 1923, Scribners, 1st, good condition, nameplate on inside cover, no writing in book
14. The House Of Mirth, 1905, 1st printing, MDCCCCV, no ads, good condition, name on inside first front page, no writing inside book
15. French Ways and Their Meaning, 1919, 1st printing, very good+ condition, no writing inside
16. A Motor Flight Through France, 1908, Scribners, 1st, good+ condition, crack on insde cover binding, name, no other writing
17. Fighting France, 1915, Scribners, 1st, very good+ condition, no writing in book
18. The Mother´s Recompense, 1925, Appleton, 1st printing, good condition, no writing
19. Madame De Treymes, 1907, Scribners, very good condition, no writing
20. Here and Beyond, 1926, Appleton, 1st printing, very good, no writing
21. The Valley Of Decision, Book 1, 1902, Scribners, The Merrymount Press, good condition, no writing
22. The Valley Of Decision, Book 2, 1902, Scribners, The Manhattan Press, good + condition, namme on inside cover, no writing inside book
23. The Touchstone, 1900, Scribners, 1st, The Merrymount Press, good condition, spine missing part, no writing in book
24. The Greater Inclination, 1899, Scribners, 1st, cover redone, very good condition, no writing
25. The Age Of innocence, paperback, stated first printing, very good condition
BOOKSHELF DEALS # 3 & 4
Posting March 7